Requiem for a Vampire (Blu-ray)
Requiem for a Vampire was Jean Rollin's favourite of all his films. Because he dredged the scenario from his subconscious, and because it was rushed into its written form so quickly (Rollin claimed that he wrote the entire script in only two days), he felt it was his purest work.
True to Rollin's roots in serials and the Bizarre, the film opens with an action scene already in progress: two women in full clown makeup (Marie-Pierre Castel, Mirielle d'Argent), firing guns at a retaliating car behind them, as a handsome associate mans the steering wheel. This being a Rollin film, we quickly dispense with the man and get on with the general absence of story and the vital accumulation of fetish. Eluding their pursuers, our two clowns continue their never-explained flight on foot, journeying to a cemetery, then a chateau inhabited by "the last of the vampires".
Director: Jean Rollin
Cast: Marie Pierre Castel, Mireille D'Argent, Philippe Gasté, Dominique, Louise Dhour, Michel Delesalle, Antoine Mosin, Olivier François, Dominique Toussaint, Paul Bisciglia.
- Mastered in HD from the 35mm negative
- French with optional English subtitles
- English dubbed version
- Introduction by Jean Rollin
- "The Shiver of a Requiem," a documentary featuring interviews with Natalie Perrey and Jean-Noël Delamarre
- Interview with Louise Dhour, courtesy of Encore Filmed Entertainment
- 16-page booklet with an essay by Tim Lucas, editor of Video Watchdog
- Original theatrical trailers
- Original trailers of seven other Rollin films
BBFC Rating: 18
System: 1080P High Definition
Region: All Regions
Language: French, English